Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Roots

Go!

When I first think of roots, I think about pulling weeds in my yard.  Why is it that the roots of weeds grow so deep?  Pulling them up seems impossible.  They twist and snap as I tug and yank and pull with all my might.  The dirt flies everywhere.

My children have planted the same kind of roots in my heart.  Impossible to remove.  But my children are not weeds.  They are the sweetest, most tender flowers of my soul.  I'm thankful that roots are strong.  I'm thankful that the rich soil of life is there to nurture them.  To make them strong.  The basis of my family tree.  One that will branch out into eternity.

Stop!


Here's the scoop on Five Minute Friday from Lisa Jo herself:

Five Minute Friday


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Simple Truth. Blessings to you this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It is so true how deep inside our children are rooted!

    Many blessings to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! I love the image of the family tree and the rich soil there to nurture them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Allison I really enjoyed your post. Such true words. Thanks for sharing your heart. Please come and visit my root post. On Saturday I have a huge announcement come by and see me.
    I enjoyed my visit.
    Have a Beautiful weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Allison LOL I went to read more of your blog. We are neighbors! I live in Bedford! Since your a Texan I think you'll really enjoy my root post and my announcement. Nice to meet a fellow Texas Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post. I do not have a Christian heritage in my family. I am hoping that my husband and I are building strong roots for my family to build upon. Enjoyed reading from the Five Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbie! How awesome that you and your husband are starting a rich, Christian tradition for your family. Your family will be blessed for many, many generations because of you! Bless you! :)

      Delete