Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Quiet

Go!

Today has been one of those days.  The day that every mom dreads.  Too many missed details, too many tears, too many shrieking screams from the backseat, too much disappointment.

Quiet is all I want right now.

No phones ringing
No kids whining
No cartoons blaring in the background
No babies crying
No cheesie kid music
No dogs barking
No kids fighting

I just need silence so I can hear God's voice right now.  That's all I need.  His quiet reassurance that all is going to be okay....that I am a good mom.....that's he's right here with me today, hands on my shoulders, giving me a loving pep talk.

SHHHHHHHH.........I'm listening, God!

Stop!


Here's the scoop on Five Minute Friday from Lisa Jo herself:

Five Minute Friday


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.

3 comments:

  1. This is so true, Allison. Beautiful writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the life of a mother. Quiet moments can be rare, it's so important to train ourselves to hear the voice of the Lord in the midst of it all. Don't worry, it does get quieter, then, in a weird twist of emotions, you almost miss the noise. Almost. ;)

    ~traci
    xoxo
    Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciated your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete