Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Stay

Go!

Staying put can sometimes be a good thing.  But when you're talking about making serious life changes, staying where you are can rarely happen.

I am almost 38 years old and I'm reexamining my life as a Christian.  Studying more.  Learning more.  Praying more.  I'm trying to change some very old, not so attractive habits and character flaws in myself.  It's hard.  Change is hard.  It can be scary.  Especially when you're talking about getting yourself out of a rut.  It's tempting to just stay in this place.  Be the same old Allison I've always been.  But I realize more and more that it didn't really get me anywhere spiritually.  It's time to move on.  Move up.  Face the challenges of being more Christ-like.  And the joys.

The most important thing now is for me to stay in God's presence as much as I can.  Fully realize His presence.

Stop!


Here's the scoop on Five Minute Friday from Lisa Jo herself:

Five Minute Friday


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.

3 comments:

  1. "The most important thing now is for me to stay in God's presence as much as I can."
    That is definitely the most important "stay." :) Great post Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing and challenge for yourself. It is hard and the 30's is when most of us start re-evaluating our lives and wondering how many changes we need. Good thoughts and I pray your direction will go as smooth as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and I love your desire to grow in Christ! I am following you now and would love for you to follow my blog:

    www.findingjoyineverydaymoments.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete