Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, September 28, 2012

They're heeeeeere!

(Okay, so in a pathetic attempt to somewhat update my blog--2 YEARS LATER--I'm finishing this post I started when the twins were 2 weeks old.  And adding pics.)

Most of us are familiar with that oh-so-ominous line from 'Poltergeist'...."They're heeeeeere!"  The line spoken by young Carol Ann to her family after the evil spirits fly out of her parents' TV screen and into the walls of their home.  It was an unwelcome invasion that resulted in a supernatural kidnapping, terror and eventual loss of the family home when it was sucked down to the bowels of Hell.  Sounds fun, doesn't it?  Well I can assure you that while I chose to use that famous, horror movie quote as the title of this blog entry, the twins' arrival has been nothing but sheer joy.  Yes, scary sometimes but not like the plot of a scary movie.  Their invasion was most hoped for, most prayed for and so very welcomed!  These babies are precious, my little monsters (see pics below)  :)

The twins arrived on June 14th as scheduled. Colin Patrick Sheets was born at 8:56am weighing in at 7 lbs, 12 oz and 20.5 inches long! Sofia Kate was born a minute later at 8:57am weighing in at a whopping 7lbs, 15 oz and 19.75 inches long!! Sofia weighed more than her older sister did when she was born! I got confirmation yesterday from Dr. Staub that they are the biggest set of twins he's ever delivered or that he's ever heard about! All the nurses kept commenting on how big and healthy they were for twins--they are already making momma proud at such a young age! You talk about grateful to God...I am still thanking Him everyday for these little miracles! I am so, so blessed!

My Csection could not have gone smoother. I opted for the spinal block and it was the best decision--I felt absolutely nothing and it was greatness. It was fun having Dr. Staub in the delivery room this time, too. He really helped to relieve the tension for me and let Vincent get some GREAT delivery shots, too (I will post pics soon)! And nothing could express the joy I felt at seeing both my babies one by one and hearing them cry for the first time. Vincent was so proud and excited--his voice went up an octave when he began to speak and he was talking very fast just like a little kid on Christmas morning. It was so cute.

The overall stay in the hospital was a much better experience this time, too. I didn't get sick, the nurses were awesome, only needed one IV, and the food was even better this time! I can't complain at all! But a hospital stay is still a hospital stay and I was so glad to get home. These first couple of weeks have been rough from a sleep standpoint. We're basically not getting any but that's to be expected. Sofia seems to have developed reflux--just like her big sister.



Me just minutes before the surgery.  I was actually pretty calm.
Calm reassurance

Colin Patrick

I'm a big boy!

Sofia Kate

Sofia's even bigger than her brother!

A very happy, albeit a little out of it, mama of twins! 
Colin and Sofia....Colin's ears were pointy like a vampire and Sofia's were hairy like a werewolf!  My little monsters--still to this day!


No comments:

Post a Comment