Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Grasp

Go!

Sofia, your sweet little hand grasped my finger.  You pulled me along saying "Come mere, Mama."  I got butterflies in my stomach b/c I was reminded of how in love with you I am.  You are my precious littlest baby.  I wanted to grasp that moment in time and freeze it.  So I would always remember it.  I don't want to forget these times when you love me so much that I am your whole world.  One day when you're a teenager and don't want to have anything to do with me, it's those tiny moments I'll grasp on to.  It will make my heart smile and hurt as I realize my baby is growing up.  Until then, I will hold onto you, Colin and Olivia with all my might.  You are my reasons for being.  That alone is an overwhelming concept to grasp!  Mind blowing!

Stop!

Here's the scoop on Five Minute Fridays from Lisa Jo herself:

Five Minute Friday


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Allison, this is beautiful! Love that you are able to write down these precious moments so that you are able to remember how they feel even when they turn into teenagers. Good planning. Grasp on. To the moments, to their tiny fingers, to the tenderness He has put in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I can't wait to be a mommy and have all the crazy emotion that comes with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your babies are beautiful!
    I can promise you, when they're teens they will still want you, it's just harder to see the want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to make sure this gets backed up for proof! We can always just watch their videos when we become aliens to them.

    ReplyDelete