Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Blah, blah, blog

Well here I go again.  The third time in my life I'm attempting to blog.  The other 2 times I tried, I failed.  First try--lack of interest in my own story.  Ha.  Second try--lack of time.  So of course it makes sense to try again when I have 3 kids under the age of 5, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a house to maintain.  Sure, why not?  Recipe for failure?  I hope not.

I have to admit, I always felt silly about journaling and/or keeping a diary.  I don't know why.  Just always have.  Back in the days of diaries with locks and keys, I felt silly writing to no one.  I mean, no one else was going to read my entries and I already knew how I was feeling so why take the extra time to write it down?  Seemed pointless.  Lots of blah, blah, blah for no reason.  While I still feel weird about journaling, blogging is a little different, I think.  I even looked up the definition to make sure.  I'm a word nerd and love to know the meanings and origins of words.  'Blog' is the combination of the words 'web' and  'log'.  Kind of like a journal but more like a chronicle.  So I think I'm okay with that.

But another reason I want to give this another shot is that I want to write.  There, I said it.  I've always loved to write and I've been told my whole life that I have a knack for it.  But I've always been hesitant to try b/c I'm a wuss and it's hard to put yourself out there for people to point and laugh at you or shred you to bits.  But I've also hesitated b/c I always feared my technical skills weren't good enough--you know, proper punctuation usage and whatnot.  I like to do things right or I don't want to do them at all.  But I'm not going to let that stop me anymore.  I just hope that what I have to say and what I have to write will be so brilliant and impactful (kidding, sort of) that some punctuation mistakes will go unnoticed.  Or at least forgiven.

I've also been inspired by reading some other amazing blogs recently.  Check out Holley Gerth's and Lisa Jo Baker's blogs.  They're worth the read.

I don't know.  We'll see where this all goes from here.  Even though my blog isn't exclusively about the twins anymore, I'm keeping the name b/c I think it's clever.  Vincent came up with the name.  I love it so it stays! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment