Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Monday, June 7, 2010

T minus 7 days and counting!

Well assuming all goes according to plan, the twins will be here in one week! I can't believe that I will have not one, but two, little ones in the house again. I've gotten so used to Olivia being pretty independent that I have to admit I'm a little scared of having true BABIES in my care again. I'm sure it's just like riding a bike.....at least that's what I'm counting on. For their sakes! Ha! I mean physically, I'm more than ready for this ride to be OVER! Mentally, though, I'm kinda freaking out! I have all these "what ifs" running through my mind....what if I can't hack it? what if Olivia resents us for bringing home these two babies and our relationship with her is forever changed? what if my body doesn't ever recover from this? Okay that's vain, I know, but if you saw what I saw every day, you'd be worried about it, too! Seriously. Anyway, I'm sure all these feelings are normal but I still don't like it! I just want to be Supermom even though I know she doesn't really exist.

Vincent worked hard all weekend to get all the baby gear out and set up--car seats, swings, bouncy seats, etc. Seeing it all sitting here is so surreal. I try to imagine each one and what they'll look like but they're still pretty much faceless. I unpacked some newborn diapers this weekend and put them in the changing table and couldn't believe how SMALL they are! How quickly you forget.

The nursery is pretty much finished which is to say all the basic essentials are in and ready for some babies. I still have some decorating to do but that will come later. For now, it's as finished as it's going to be before they get here. I will post pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment