Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I come here to share my thoughts and feelings about stumbling through life and motherhood with the twin Sheets (Colin and Sofia), my oldest daughter (Olivia) and my best friend and partner in parenting crime, Vincent.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday--Opportunity

Go!

Today's word--opportunity--could not have come at a more appropriate time.  Today a possible teaching opportunity has been presented to me.  A former graduate school professor of mine is taking a leave of absence for the spring semester this year.  He's asked me to teach one of his undergrad classes for him while he's gone.  WOW!  For me this is HUGE!  I've taught before--some in a high school setting and some training classes at my former job.  But never at the college level!  I'm intimidated to say the least!  Praying for some guidance on what to do.  If I can make child care arrangements for the twins (Olivia will be in school) then it should be possible.  Details that need to be ironed out this weekend before giving them an answer.  I'm honored and proud that he thought of me but scared out of my mind at the same time!!!  This class has 43 students signed up!  What an audience that is!  And for someone who hates the sound of her own voice, that's pretty dang intimidating!!!

Stop!


Here's the scoop on Five Minute Friday from Lisa Jo herself:

Five Minute Friday


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an exciting opportunity for you!! Hoping and praying that all the details fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Praying that God will make known the answer you should give. (and that you will not listen to the voice of fear)
    I have twins too! They're three and a bundle of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an awesome opportunity for you. I hope you can work this out and accept this. As scary as it may seem, you wouldn't have been asked if you were qualified. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful opportunity and i hope you can iron out the details and grab this one... :)

    ReplyDelete